topbar

Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Far North

I am not at all a skilled nature photographer, but I love these images so much that I just had to share them. After my exams I had a one-week holiday from which I spent two days somewhere in the high North (Well, haha, I didn't. I just drove to the Dutch coast, about two hours north from where I live, but it was so freezing cold that it felt like I had travelled to Scandinavia or so.)
Zee

It was freezing, sometimes even snowing, and the only things I did were walking and taking pictures. Nothing to worry about, only me, my camera and the sea.
Zee

Zee


Zee

Zee


Zee


Zee

I'm sorry for the overload of pictures! ;) If you're only interested in the giveaway winner, just scroll down. No hard feelings ;)
Zee

Zee

Zee
Zee


The second day I walked the "bunkerroute", a short trail through the dunes with the remains of German bunkers from WWII.

Bunkerroute

Bunkerroute

Bunkerroute

Bunkerroute

Bunkerroute

Bunkerroute

Bunkerroute

Bunkerroute
Bunkerroute


After that I walked down towards the coast. It had started snowing really badly by then, and when I reached the beach, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was as if I was on the moon: everything was covered in white. So beautiful! (None of these pictures are edited, these are the original colors)
Zee
Zee
Sneeuw

Sneeuw

Zee-0743
Sneeuw
Zee

And in this freezing weather, I suddenly noticed a shrimp fisher checking his nets.
Garnaalvisser
Garnaalvisser

To conclude, I'll announce the winner of the Sewing Happiness give-away! Your comments on the Dutch and English blog were all so sweet, thank you so much! I haven't had the time to reply to all of them yet but I certainly will. The winner is Zijkant, congratulations! You can contact me at withlovebyeva(at)hotmail(dot)com.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - these photos are truly spectacular! Thank you so much for posting them! They are a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and an amazing landscape!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heerlijk, ik hou ook echt van het strand in de winter!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin